HIRING A MASSAGE THERAPIST
Yōso is expanding and excited to be hiring a massage therapist to join our team! If you think the below job description fits you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a Massage Therapist to create a relaxing, inviting experience and perform massage, body treatments, and provide personal attention to each client at Yōso Wellness Spa.
If you are a go-getter and passionate about what you do, creating meaningful connections, and making each client feel special, then we want you! This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn with Yōso Wellness Spa.
At Yōso Wellness Spa we believe in treating our clients with True Care from Skin to Soul; taking a holistic clinical approach while still offering calmness, serenity and efficiency within our touch. Yōso has two Green Business Certifications as well as uses organic and natural products.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
You have the desire to grow, learn and work as part of a team. You feel gratification knowing your clients are happy and healthy.
- Provide high quality massage work on a timely schedule, including;
schedule and payment processes.
- Enthusiastically greet and assist each client in preparation for massage.
- Personable, Friendly Demeanor.
- Customer Service driven.
- Professional and Responsible.
- Be prepared to arrive at least 15 min early prior to start of day.
- Begin and end treatments on time.
- Perform various types of massage treatments i.e., Swedish, deep tissue, etc.
- Proficiency in all components of massage, body treatments (scrubs and wraps), anatomy and physiology.
- Prepare and maintain cleanliness of treatment room daily.
- Strive to create loyal customers and ongoing clients; encourage clients to book continuing and future appointments.
- Strive to build a referral business
- Ensure the comfort and privacy of each client.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Promote and sell massage and body products.
- Attend product knowledge training as required.
- Communicate with staff who maintain appointments scheduling to stay aware of any changes to the schedule.
- Work cooperatively with others as a team player.
- Perform special tasks as requested by the Spa Coordinator or Owner.
- Follow policies and processes.
- Excited to participate in off-site event and booths with Yoso to promote your skills
Qualifications and Job Related Requirements
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Current license(s) and certificate(s) for massage therapy as required by the state, county, city/town.
· Two years’ experience administering massage and body treatments in a comparable facility desired.
· Proper legal documents to work in the United States.
•MINDBODY Online Experience is a plus.
•Prenatal massage certification (30 CEUs).
•Knowledge of massage techniques and practices to address clients’ physical issues and provide a relaxing and therapeutic massage experience.
•Demonstrate ability to use online applications such as Mindbody or previous experience with online scheduling and POS and office productivity tools with the ability to learn.
•Excellent client interaction skills with the ability to develop and maintain client relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction.
•Have a warm and welcome smile and a positive attitude.
Essential Physical Requirements:
•Write, read, speak, hear and see
•Perform massage therapy techniques for prolonged periods
•Walk, bend, lift, and carry up to 20 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time